Charity’s Place is committed to ensuring, every individual and family affected by intellectual and developmental disabilities in Southern Nevada and bordering states, will have access to the information, advocacy, and skills they need to participate as active members in their communities.
Charity’s Place was created in July 2019, to assist and provide intellectually and or developmentally disabled adults with various levels of assistance to ensure each individual has the capability to be successful in their communities.
Charity’s Place Mission
Charity’s Place is a safe place, committed to assist adult individuals 24/7, who face significant, physical, behavioral, intellectual, and developmental challenges, while providing nurturing support and resources to both individuals and their families.
Charity’s Place Philosophy
- Charity’s Place believes every individual deserves the opportunity to reach their heights, through our services and continued support through our care and assistance.
- Charity’s Place strives to ensure nurturing relationships, through growth, understanding and motivation.
- Charity’s Place believes in the power of personal choice and decision making. Individuals have the right to participate in selecting their own services and assist with their individual service plan creation.
- Charity’s Place trusts and believes in having partnerships to yield the most effective outcomes for the individuals Charity’s Place service, by sharing mutual respect for all partners involved.
- Charity’s Place will ensure quality service is rendered daily.
- Charity’s Place will ensure people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families have access to the support they need to live a fruitful life.
Charity’s Place Values
- Charity’s Place works toward ensuring that all people have the fundamental moral, civil, and constitutional rights and opportunities to live, learn, work, play, and worship in communities of their choosing.
- Charity’s Place is an organization of, by, and for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
- Charity’s Place will lead with integrity and accountability through open, honest, and timely communication.
- Charity’s Place will work with individuals, organizations, and coalitions in a collaborative fashion.
- Charity’s Place values partnerships with volunteers and staffing leadership at all levels of the organization that provides mutual support for their respective roles.
- Charity’s Place works toward and believes the community is imperative.
- Charity’s Place values diverse leadership and membership. Our concept of diversity includes but is not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, age, socio-economic status, geographic location, sexual orientation, gender, family status, and level of disability.
- Members and employees of Charity’s Place promote our Mission and Core Values with integrity and accountability.
- Charity’s Place conducts our business according to the highest ethical standards.